Ready, Set, Lash: A Beginner's Guide to False Eyelashes
Are you curious about fake lashes but don't know where to start? Don't worry, we've got you covered! In this article, we'll provide you with everything you need to know about fake lashes, so you can feel confident and ready to try them out.
What are fake lashes made of?
Let's start by discussing what fake eyelashes are made of. They can be made from different materials, like synthetic fibers, human hair, or mink fur.
Synthetic: This is the most affordable type of fake eyelash material, and it is often made from plastic fibers. Synthetic lashes tend to be thicker and heavier than natural materials, and they can sometimes look less natural. However, they are also durable and can hold their shape well.
Human hair: Some fake eyelashes are made from human hair, which can give them a more natural look and feel. Human hair lashes can be curled and styled just like real hair, and they tend to be softer and lighter than synthetic lashes.
Animal fur: Mink and other animal fur are often used to make fake eyelashes, and these lashes can look very natural and luxurious. However, many people object to the use of animal fur in beauty products, and it can be expensive.
Silk: Silk is a popular material for fake eyelashes because it is lightweight, durable, and can be made to look very natural. It is also a cruelty-free alternative to animal fur, making it a more ethical choice for many consumers. Korean silk, in particular, is prized for its high quality and durability.
How long do fake lashes last?
Now, let's talk about how long fake lashes last. This can vary depending on the type of lashes, the adhesive used, and how well you take care of them. Generally, synthetic lashes can last up to a week, human hair/mink fur lashes can last up to three weeks while Korean silk lashes have a longer lifespan depending on how well they are cared for and how often they are worn.
Overall, each material has its own pros and cons, and the best choice will depend on your personal preferences and budget. However, if you are looking for a high-quality, ethical, and affordable option, Korean silk is definitely a great choice for fake eyelashes. Here at Lulu Lashes, we use supple Korean silk that’s lightweight with a barely-there feel for everyday wear. We’re proud to share that it’s also ethically-sourced and cruelty-free!
To make sure your Korean silk lashes last as long as possible, it's important to avoid getting them wet, avoid rubbing your eyes or pulling on the lashes, and to store them properly in their original packaging when not in use. Additionally, you should clean your lashes regularly using a gentle, oil-free makeup remover to remove any residual makeup or adhesive.
At Lulu Lashes, our Korean silk lashes can be worn for more than 60x with proper care and use! (Amazing, I know!)
How to put on fake eyelashes
If you're a beginner, you might be wondering how to put on false eyelashes. It might seem daunting at first, but it's actually pretty simple! Here's what you need to do:
- Choose the right lashes for your eye shape and desired look. There are so many options out there, so take your time and find the perfect pair for you. We made it easier for you- just take this lash quiz.
- Measure the lashes to your eye shape. Hold them up to your eyelid and trim any excess length if they're too long. Just remember, it's better to trim the outer area than the inner area. Be gentle and take your time to avoid accidentally cutting them too short, as this can cause discomfort near your inner eyelids.
- Apply the lash adhesive to the band of the lashes and wait for it to become tacky. Most lash glues will take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute to become tacky enough for application. To check if the glue is ready, lightly touch the glue with the tip of your finger. If it feels slightly sticky, then it's ready to apply the lashes.
- Apply the lashes to your lash line, as close to your natural lash line as possible, and gently press down to secure them in place.
- Finish off the look with some mascara and eyeliner, and voila! You're ready to go.
Tips for applying fake eyelashes like a pro
Once you've got the hang of putting on fake lashes, you can start experimenting with different styles and lengths. Here are a few tips to help you apply them like a pro:
- Use a lash applicator to apply the lashes with ease.
- Cut the lashes into smaller sections if you're having trouble with a full strip.
- Apply mascara before the lashes to help them blend in better.
- Adjust the placement of the lashes with the applicator to make sure they look natural and comfortable.
We hope this article made the world of fake lashes a little less intimidating for you. Remember, practice makes perfect, so don't be afraid to try different styles and techniques until you find what works best for you. Sending you some Lulu-love! 💜